The DogLemi Snuffle & Treat Pockets Mat is 19 1/2" x 30 1/2" and made of polar fleece. It features a number of different types of treat-hiding areas in addition to the traditional "snuffle" area. This mat is machine washable and dryer safe.
This interactive training tool is just the thing to calm, distract, reward, or engage your dog. Created to stimulate your dog's natural foraging instincts, a Snuffle Mat puts both your dog's nose and brain to work:
- A brilliant boredom buster
- Perfect for slowing down fast eaters
- Ideal for dogs resting after injury or illness
- Useful for redirecting excess energy and calming
- Great for training self-control games
- An excellent distraction while you are waiting your turn in class or talking with the instructor
- A fun jackpot reward during training
The first time using the Snuffle Mat, ask your dog to sit and sprinkle a few treats on top of the mat. Then release him to go sniff. If the dog starts to lift or pull at the mat, ask him to sit or lie down, or use your "leave it" cue. Then encourage sniffing by releasing him and pointing out treats to him. As dog catches on to game, tuck the treats further into the fleece strips and even between the loops.
Note: Snuffle mats are intended to be interactive toys that are always used in supervised play and training. To ensure that your dog doesn't chew or eat the fleece or rubber, these mats should never be left unattended with the dog.